Friday

All you need is faith and trust, and a little bit of pixie dust...

When we started working at Disney, they told us to find things to use as our pixie dust. They told us we needed something to help us remember why we work so hard to do what we do. Here are a few of my pixie dust stories for the week...

Today when I went to Magic Kingdom, I showed the ticket taker my Disney employee ID and he said to me, "Welcome home." It touched my heart.

Last night at the Halloween Party I played Bat Toss outside the store. There was one group of children who I just had a blast with. They kept telling me I was silly and saying, "Mom, she's funny." Afterward, my manager gave me a "Great Service Fanatic" card, saying I was doing a great job interacting with the guests. I worked hard for it, but I was having fun the whole time.

Two days ago, a little girl told me a story in spanish. I didn't understand a word. I told her, "I'm so sorry princess, no habla espanol." She smiled at me, and then kissed my cheek and skipped away. It was so precious.

Last week, a little boy wanted his name embroidered on a hat. I did all I could to make sure he was happy with the results. When he got his hat he said, "Someone give this girl a raise."

Two weeks ago, a family came in from England. I asked them my usual three questions. Are you having fun? Where are you from? Is this your first time here? The answer to the last one was "yes". I always get excited about first timers and offer them our first time button. When I gave one to every person in the family, the yougest daughter threw her arms in the air and shouted, "I LOVE DISNEYWORLD!" It made my day :)

Thank goodness for little children. Alot of times at Disney, we are stressing to make everything perfect for the guest. Sometimes we forget why we are doing it all, but then the kids help us to remember the magic.

No comments: