Monday

"It came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to Father Time"

Right now I'm on day 5 of "25 Days of Elf". It isn't old yet. I still laugh out loud every time. Not just an occasional chuckle.. but still literal outbursts of cracking up laughter. Such a classic movie. 

Anyway. I just wanted to write a little thank you note to the universe for being so good to me. I am so blessed in so many more ways than I deserve. I am not sure why, but I know I am thankful for it. I know the Lord's hand is in every aspect of my life. I know it is through Him that all things are possible. So many prayers have been answered today, this week, this month, this year. I have learned so much. I just feel so overwhelmed with gratitude toward my Heavenly Father, I can't contain it. I had to write it down somewhere. I have been challenged in ways that have brought me to places I never thought I would be. I was so confused as to why, and now lately I am seeing the blessings that have come from it. The Lord knows what we need, if only we will trust Him. He knows how to help us, if only we will allow Him to do so. 

I am so thankful for that knowledge. I am so thankful for His tender mercies. I am so thankful that He is willing to let us hurt in order to help us. I am so thankful for the Atonement and its healing power. I am so thankful Christ was willing to lay down his life and to suffer more than we can possibly imagine on our behalf. I am just so thankful. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. It is a beautiful feeling.
Last night I was reading in Alma about receiving His image in our countenance. I'm not sure if I have done that, but it hit me just how hard I need to strive to achieve it. Especially this Christmas season. Now is the time to reach out to Him, to let Him know just how thankful you are for all He has done for you. If you think you aren't blessed, just start noticing the people around you. Look at the challenges they are struggling with. Watch the news. We are so blessed.

"Have you received His image in your countenance?
Does the light of Christ shine in your eyes?
Will He know you when He comes again because you will be like Him?
When He sees you will the Father know His child?" 

...just think about it.

No comments: