Sunday

Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like the Steelers.

I've got your back in all things.

Something I have said many times, but only to a few people. I try to live up to that. Many times I fail. But I try to keep that promise.



There are some people we all have that relationship with. My family. My closests friends. The ones I hold the closest to my heart. To me, that is one of the most powerful promises you can make to a person. Saying 'I love you' tells them alot, but I think you can love someone and not always have their best interest in mind. But having their back in all things... that is powerful. That's a true blue pinky promise to support them no matter what. It is a verbal bond that means you will always have their best interest in mind. You will not question them, their actions, their words, their deeds. Never. You have their back, in ALL things.

When I choose to take on this commitment, to promise to always support someone no matter what, I automatically place them among the most important people in my life. I would never do anything to hurt them. I would never say anything that would cause anyone to question their character, their integrity. I would never allow myself to break their heart.

It's really hard when the people I hold in this regard don't feel the same. It kind of feels like someone punched a hole through my chest. Just sayin.

No comments: