They say the way you spend New Year's Eve is the same way you will spend the rest of the year.
I heard it on the OC, so who knows if they (I have always wondered who "they" is, but that is a question for another time) really say that, or if it was just on the show. But it is a good point. I'll be working from 4pm until 3:15am. So apparently my New Year is going to consist of work and wishing I were with Skip. Sounds about right!
What are my resolutions? Funny you should ask. I wrote them down, and I have them here to share if you'd like. Oh you would? Goodie, sit tight and pay attention.
First of all, I don't make resolutions, nobody ever follows through with them. But I do make lists. I write down things I want to accomplish in the year. Here is what I've got:
1. Read the Bible. Not just parts of it, or verses, but read it. Cover to cover. Front to back. I have read the Book of Mormon, it is amazing. I have read much of the Bible, but not word for word. Old Testament, New Testament. I heard it's gonna be hard. Bring it on.
2. Run a marathon. Wow.
3. Graduate college. Big one there. But I only have ten classes, two more semesters. B.S.B.A here I come.
4. Temple trip once per month.
5. Send a card, just because, to one random person once per month. I love sending cards, that one was for fun.
6. Get a calling. In the church. I had one, but have moved around alot this year. I want one againnn.
7. Be more confident. That one is hard, I'll have to work at it every day.
8. Hike Humphreys, the mountain in Flag. It's a Flag thing, everyone's gotta do it.
9. Travel somewhere I've never been. That is a goal every year. This year I hope to see Boston.
10. Learn to love my body. Sometimes I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I love and appreciate having my body, and all it's capabilities. But I need to learn to not judge myself each time I look in the mirror. Stop comparing myself to others. It's embarrassing to admit, but it's the truth.
So there you have it. Ten things on my "to do: 2010" list.
What's on your list? Or, if you make resolutions, what are they??
Ps. Make your new year's eve one to remember. I will be working, but I'll be at Disneyworld, I will definitely remember that :)