Tuesday

One whole piece of the pie!

I just wanted to do my bimonthly update on my missionary man. Today marks his SIXTH MONTH!!!! Woot woot. One quarter down... only three to go :) I am doing just dandy, I think things are becoming easier just like people said they would. It still isn't easy, but I am keeping busy and I'm easily distracted (I never thought that would be a good thing until now ;). As for him, he is just working harder than ever. This last weekend he had a baptism which was super exciting. The poor kid had some sort of crazy sore fungusy disease growing wildly all over his body, hopefully he overcomes it soon! But of course it didn't slow him down one bit. He and his companion Elder Tingy (sp??) are working hard to increase the numbers and establish and advance the home teaching program in Waynesville; so far it seems to be going well. He claims to witness miracles on a weekly basis (what a wonderful blessing!!) I love missionaries and all they do. Without their hard work my family wouldn't be where they are today.

I love this gospel so very much. I hope that if people remember nothing else about me, that at least they will remember I have a testimony. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's true church, with all my heart. I know the power of the priesthood is real. I know the power of prayer is real. I know families can be together forever. I know the temple is the house of the Lord. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know he restored the church on the earth, and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know it with every fiber of my being. I know Christ lived, and that He died for us. I know He lives now. I know he atoned for the sins of the world, and that through Him we can find eternal joy. I know if we follow His teachings, we will find happiness. I know missionaries are called of God and that they do a wonderful work. I want Elder Holladay to know I love and support him in all he does. Keep working hard!! Press forward always.

No comments: