Saturday

500 Days of summer

Hello friends and lovers.

It's been too long. I've missed you so.

I am so busy doing nothing. I work all the time, but there are no fires. We do more weed whacking and paint chipping than firefighting.

Alas, such is life.

I am so thankful to have a job during these hard times.

I have been having such a wonderful summer! I wish there were really 500 days of it. Have you seen that movie? Fantastic. If you haven't, I'd advise you to do so. My summer kind of reminds me of that movie, a little rollar coaster of highs and lows, peaks and valleys of fun and dull. Today was part of the dull, all too much time spent killing weeds and melting in the sun. Tuesday was the fun, I went to a BBQ with people from my engine, that always produces a fun time.

Meet Engine 21, the "Pride of the Rim"

We love eachother.

Anyway, we had a BBQ, complete with steaks, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob, can't go wrong there.

My 4th of July was alright, nothing to really rant and rave about. I worked that day from 8 am until 11 pm. My engine worked the fireworks, and it was surprisingly fun! We were right where they were shooting them off... I began by just simply watching and "ooooh"ing and "ahhhh"ing, the BOOOOOM was shaking the truck we were standing on... then we turned around and saw....

OPEN FLAME!!! WILDFIRE!!

We jump off the engine and run to the rescue... thankfully it was only about golf ball sized. We stepped on it and it was out instantly. We spent the rest of the fireworks running around stomping out flaming ash. It really was a pretty great time.

My engine enjoying the show :)

The next day I was lucky to get to celebrate the 4th once again in Winslow, with my family. Oh how I love my family! Honestly, who could ask for more? We just love each other, always. I really can't explain it but there is just so much comfort in these people.

I know right? We're pretty cool.

Anyway...

I just started reading the book the Hunger Games.

It's LOVE. I am not too far in to it, but I am loving it so far, I can hardly put it down to do any work.
I have heard about it from a few people, everyone seems to love it, so far I do too!



.... I started this post yesterday and didn't finish it, by now I have finished the Hunger Games, and if you check out the post just below this I think you will see how I felt about it.

I'm a little OBSESSED.

You should give the book a try if you haven't already!

I'm off to prepare a 20 minute talk for sacrament meeting tomorrow (I know right, are you kidding?! 20 minutes?! The longest I have spoken for is 8.)

Happy Saturday!


1 comment:

Trina said...

Misty.. you are too cute! I am glad that you are doing so well and staying safe! I also love that you take pictures at work so the rest of the world can enjoy your job with you! so proud of you chica!!